Huawei Seminar (in Mandarin)
6 lab managers from Huawei Cloud will hold a presentation and communication session in the Room 121, HSH Engineering Building at the Chinese University of Hong Kong on March 30th, from 10 – 11 am. They will introduce the following six innovative Labs from Huawei Cloud:
- Algorithm Innovation Lab: Application of mathematical modeling and optimization algorithms in Huawei Cloud, presented by Dr. Wenli Zhou.
- Cloud Storage Innovation Lab: Introduction to building a high-performance, highly reliable, secure, and intelligent cloud-native storage platform (research areas include key technologies and core algorithms in block storage, object storage, file storage, memory storage, etc., including distributed data consistency, space management, metadata indexing, intelligent caching, etc.), presented by Dr. Xusheng Chen.
- Data Intelligence Innovation Lab: Provide right data to the right person at the right time, presented by Dr. Ke Xu.
- Availability Engineering Lab: Introduction to the related technologies of public cloud and large-scale distributed application architecture reliability and availability engineering, technology, and innovation capabilities center, presented by Ling Wei.
- Computing and Networking Innovation Lab: In the computing domain, focus on tapping the efficiency of large-scale computing resource reuse in Huawei Cloud + continuous research on next-generation autonomous cloud network systems in the networking domain, presented by Dr. Zengyin Yang.
- Cloud Database Innovation Lab: Innovating Cloud-Native Databases for Next-Gen Applications, presented by Dr. Hao Zhang.
The Computing and Networking Innovation Lab focuses on the research and development of new computing and networking in Huawei Cloud. Positioned as a technical pre-research team for Huawei Cloud, it mainly studies two major areas of cloud computing:
-In the computing domain, focus on tapping the efficiency of large-scale computing resource reuse in Huawei Cloud, including cloud service application load profiling, VM/container scheduling algorithms and systems, real-time QoS detection and control systems, and new research directions in virtualization -In the networking domain, based on the requirements and data of cloud computing itself, continuously research the next-generation autonomous cloud network system, including the next-generation gateway platform, P4/NP programmable device platform, network brain combined with AI, large-scale high-performance SDN platform, real-time network measurement and verification, and other new cloud computing network directions.
The Cloud Storage Innovation Lab is Huawei Cloud’s storage innovation research center. The research areas involve key technologies and core algorithms in block storage, object storage, file storage, memory storage, etc., including distributed data consistency, space management, metadata indexing, intelligent caching, etc. It is committed to building a high-performance, highly reliable, secure, and intelligent cloud-native storage platform, providing the best experience and cost-effective storage services for enterprises moving to the cloud.
Enquiries: Professor Michael LYU (firstname.lastname@example.org) / Jeff Liu (email@example.com)