Professor Yunhui Liu is Choh-Ming Li Professor of Mechanical and Automation Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering. He received the Bachelor of Engineering degree at Beijing Institute of Technology in 1985, the Master of Engineering from Osaka University in 1989, and the Ph.D. degree in Mathematical Engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1992. After working at the Electrotechnical Laboratory of Japan as a Research Scientist, he joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1995 and was promoted to a Professor at the Department of Mechanical and Automation Engineering in 2002. He is currently the Director of the CUHK T Stone Robotics Institute, and also the Director of Hong Kong Centre for Logistics Robotics, an InnoCentre funded by the InnoHK Clusters of the HKSAR government.
Professor Liu is a globally renowned scholar in robotics and automation. His research interests include vision-based robotics, logistics robotics, medical robotics, construction robotics, machine vision, and artificial intelligence. He has published over 500 papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings and was listed in the Highly Cited Authors (Engineering) by Thomson Reuters in 2013. Professor Liu has received numerous research awards from international journals and conferences and government agencies. His research is widely funded by Hong Kong RGC, ITF, QEF, the national strategic development grant, etc. He was the Editor-in-Chief of Robotics and Biomimetics, an IEEE Fellow, and a HKIE Fellow.
- J Wang, J Jiao, YH Liu: Self-supervised Video Representation Learning by Pace Prediction. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) 2022, 504-521.
- J Wang, J Jiao, L Bao, S He, Y Liu, W Liu: Self-supervised Spatio-temporal Representation Learning for Videos by Predicting Motion and Appearance Statistics. Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- D. Navarro-Alarcon, Y. H. Liu, J. G. Romero, and P. Li: Model-free Visually Servoed Deformation Control of Elastic Objects by Robot Manipulators. IEEE Trans. on Robotics, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1457-1468, 2013.
- Y. H. Liu, H. Wang, C. Wang and K. K. Lam: Uncalibrated Visual Servoing of Robots using a Depth-independent Interaction Matrix. IEEE Trans. on Robotics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 804-817, 2006.
- Y. H. Liu: Qualitative Test and Force Optimization of 3D Frictional Form-closure Grasps Using Linear Programming. IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 163-173, 1999.
- Xiaoyu Zhang, Yun-Hui Liu: Efficient Map Sparsification Based on 2D and 3D Discretized Grids. CoRR abs/2303.10882 (2023).
- J. Wang, J. Jiao, L. Bao, S. He, W. Liu, and Y. H. Liu: Self-Supervised Video Representation Learning by Uncovering Spatio-temporal Statistics. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 44, No. 7, PP. 3791-3806, 2022.
- Haoang Li, Ji Zhao, Jean-Charles Bazin, Yunhui Liu: Quasi-globally Optimal and Near/True Real-time Vanishing Point Estimation in Manhattan World. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 44, No. 3, PP. 1503-1518, 2022.
- D. Navarro-Alarcon and Y. H. Liu: Fourier-based Shape Servoing: a New Feedback Method to Actively Deform Soft Objects into Desired 2D Image Contours. IEEE Trans. on Robotics, 34(1): 272-279, 2018.
- H. Tang, Y. H. Liu, and H. Wang: Constraint Gaussian Filter with Virtual Measurement for Online Camera-Odometry Calibration. IEEE Trans. on Robotics, 34(4): 630-644, 2018.