- Director, Computer Security Lab
Wei Meng is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He currently leads the Computer Security Lab in the CSE department at CUHK. His research focuses on computer security and privacy. He is particularly interested in designing and building systems to protect end users and applications on the Internet. His research has been published at top conferences such as IEEE S&P, USENIX Security, WWW, CCS, NDSS, ESEC/FSE and NSDI. He received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 2017 and his Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Tsinghua University in 2012.
- Xuan Dong, Guan Wang, Yi Pang, Weixin Li, Jiangtao Wen, Wei Meng, Yao Lu: Fast Efficient Algorithm for Enhancement of Low Lighting Video. Proceedings of The 2011 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), July 2011
- Yi Wang, Keqiang He, Huichen Dai, Wei Meng, Junchen Jiang, Bin Liu, Yan Chen: Scalable Name Lookup in NDN Using Effective Name Component Encoding. Proceedings of The 32nd IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), June 2012
- Yi Wang, Yuan Zu, Ting Zhang, Kunyang Peng, Qunfeng Dong, Bin Liu, Wei Meng, Huichen Dai, Xin Tian, Zhonghu Xu, Hao Wu, Di Yang: Wire Speed Name Lookup: A GPU-based Approach. Proceedings of The 10th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), April 2013
- Hsu-Chun Hsiao, Tiffany Hyun-Jin Kim, Adrian Perrig, Akira Yamada, Samuel C. Nelson, Marco Gruteser, Wei Meng: LAP: Lightweight Anonymity and Privacy. Proceedings of The 33rd IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, May 2012
- Xinyu Xing, Wei Meng, Byoungyoung Lee, Udi Weinsberg, Anmol Sheth, Roberto Perdisci, Wenke Lee: Understanding Malvertising Through Ad-Injecting Browser Extensions. Proceedings of The 24th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), May 2015
- Penghui Li, Wei Meng, Kangjie Lu: SEDiff: Scope-Aware Differential Fuzzing to Test Internal Function Models in Symbolic Execution. Proceedings of The 30th ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), November 2022.
- Yinxi Liu, Wei Meng: Acquirer: A Hybrid Approach to Detecting Algorithmic Complexity Vulnerabilities. Proceedings of The 29th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), November 2022.
- Changhua Luo, Penghui Li, Wei Meng: TChecker: Precise Static Inter-Procedural Analysis for Detecting Taint-Style Vulnerabilities in PHP Applications. Proceedings of The 29th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), November 2022.
- Penghui Li, Yinxi Liu, Wei Meng: Understanding and Detecting Performance Bugs in Markdown Compilers. Proceedings of The 36th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering (ASE), November 2021.
- CSAW 2016 Applied Research Competition Top 10 Finalist for Wei Meng, Byoungyoung Lee, Xinyu Xing, Wenke Lee, "TrackMeOrNot: Enabling Flexible Control on Web Tracking", Cyber Security Awareness Week, New York, NY, USA, 2016
- Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis Award for Wei Meng, "GPU-based NDN Name Lookup System", Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 2012