- Outstanding Fellow of the Faculty of Engineering, CUHK
Xiaoou Tang (S’93-M’96-SM’02-F’09) received the B.S. degree from the University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, in 1990, and the M.S. degree from the University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, in 1991. He received the Ph.D. degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, in 1996. He is a Professor in the Department of Information Engineering and Associate Dean (Research) of the Faculty of Engineering of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He worked as the group manager of the Visual Computing Group at the Microsoft Research Asia from 2005 to 2008. His research interests include computer vision, pattern recognition, and video processing. Dr. Tang received the Best Paper Award at the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2009. He is a program chair of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) 2009 and has served as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI) and International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV). He is a Fellow of IEEE.
- Hao Ma, Dengyong Zhou, Chao Liu, Michael R. Lyu, Irwin King: Recommender systems with social regularization. WSDM 2011: 287-296 (electronic edition via DOI)
- Hao Ma, Haixuan Yang, Michael R. Lyu, Irwin King: SoRec: social recommendation using probabilistic matrix factorization. CIKM 2008: 931-940 (electronic edition via DOI)
- Hao Ma, Irwin King, Michael R. Lyu: Learning to recommend with social trust ensemble. SIGIR 2009: 203-210 (electronic edition via DOI)
- Hao Ma, Irwin King, Michael R. Lyu: Effective missing data prediction for collaborative filtering. SIGIR 2007: 39-46 (electronic edition via DOI)
- Chen Cheng, Haiqin Yang, Irwin King, Michael R. Lyu: Fused Matrix Factorization with Geographical and Social Influence in Location-Based Social Networks. AAAI 2012 (electronic edition @aaai.org)
- Zixing Song, Xiangli Yang, Zenglin Xu, and Irwin King: Graph-Based Semi-Supervised Learning: A Comprehensive Review. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS) 2022.
- Yankai Chen, Menglin Yang, Yingxue Zhang, Mengchen Zhao, Ziqiao Meng, Jianye Hao, Irwin King: Modeling Scale-free Graphs with Hyperbolic Geometry for Knowledge-aware Recommendation. WSDM 2022: 94-102
- Yifei Zhang, Hao Zhu, Ziqiao Meng, Piotr Koniusz, Irwin King: Graph-adaptive Rectified Linear Unit for Graph Neural Networks. WWW 2022: 1331-1339
- Menglin Yang, Min Zhou, Jiahong Liu, Defu Lian, Irwin King: HRCF: Enhancing Collaborative Filtering via Hyperbolic Geometric Regularization. WWW 2022: 2462-2471
- Wang Chen, Piji Li, Hou Pong Chan, Irwin King: Dialogue summarization with supporting utterance flow modelling and fact regularization. Knowledge Based Systems. 229: 107328 (2021)
- 2021 INNS Dennis Gabor Award for his outstanding contributions to engineering applications of neural networks.
- ACM WSDM 2021 Test of Time Award for Hao Ma, Dengyong Zhou, Chao Liu, Michael R. Lyu, and Irwin King: Recommender systems with social regularization. WSDM 2011
- 2020 Asia Pacific Neural Network Society (APNNS) Outstanding Achievement Award, International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP 2020), November 18-22, Bangkok, Thailand
- Global AI 2000 List, AI 2000 Most Influential Scholars for #34 in AAAI/IJCAI; #44 in Information Retrieval and Recommendation; #56 in Data Mining. CUHK CPRO.
- ACM SIGIR 2020 Xian Test of Time Award for Hao Ma, Irwin King, Michael R.. Lyu: Learning to Recommend with Social Trust Ensemble. SIGIR 2009: 203-210.
- ACM CIKM 2019 Beijing Test of Time Award for Hao Ma, Haixuan Yang, Michael R. Lyu, and Irwin King, SoRec: Social Recommendation Using Probabilistic Matrix Factorization, presented at CIKM 2008.