- Director, Memory And Storage System (MASS) Lab
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), 2020-present
- Associate Editor, IEEE Technical Committee on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCCPS), 2019-present
Ming-Chang Yang is currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He received his B.S. degree from the Department of Computer Science at National Chiao-Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, in 2010. He received his Master and Ph.D. degrees from the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering at National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, in 2012 and 2016, respectively. From Aug. 2015 to July 2016, he was a visiting scholar in Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA. From Jan. 2017 to July 2017, he was a postdoctoral research fellow at Institute of Information Science (IIS), Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan. His primary research interests include emerging non-volatile memory and storage technologies, memory and storage systems, and the next-generation memory/storage architecture designs.
Dr. Yang has published more than 50 research papers, which were mainly published in top journals (e.g., IEEE TC, IEEE TCAD, IEEE TVLSI, and ACM TECS) and top conferences (e.g., ACM/IEEE DAC, ACM/IEEE ICCAD, ACM/IEEE CODES+ISSS, and ACM/IEEE EMSOFT). He received 2 best paper awards from top or important international conferences (including ACM/IEEE ISLPED 2020 and IEEE NVMSA 2019). He awarded TSIA PhD Student Semiconductor Award from Taiwan Semiconductor Industry Association (TSIA) in 2016, because of his research achievements on flash memory.
Dr. Yang serves as the associate editor for ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS) and IEEE Technical Committee on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCCPS). He also serves as a program committee member for many international conferences (e.g., ACM/IEEE DAC, ACM/IEEE CODES+ISSS, ACM/IEEE ASP-DAC, IEEE RTAS, and IEEE NVMSA), and as a reviewer for premier journals (e.g., IEEE TC, TCAD, TKDE, and TVLSI as well as ACM TACO, TECS, and TOS). He is also an invited speaker for many prestigious conferences, universities, and institutes.
- Best Paper Award, ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED) 2020 (Top Conference), (2020/08)
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Non-Volatile Memory Systems and Applications Symposium (NVMSA) 2019, (2019/08)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow Award, Academia Sinica (2016/12)
- TSIA Semiconductor Award (PhD Graduate Student), Taiwan Semiconductor Industry Association (TSIA), (2016/09)