Hong Cheng is a Professor in Department of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2008. Before that, she received her M.Phil. degree from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2003, and B.S. degree from Zhejiang University in 2001.
- Jiawei Han, Hong Cheng, Dong Xin & Xifeng Yan: Frequent Pattern Mining: Current Status and Future Directions. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery volume 15, pages55–86(2007)
- Yang Zhou, Hong Cheng, Jeffrey Xu Yu: Graph Clustering Based on Structural/Attribute Similarities. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, August 2009
- Hong Cheng, Xifeng Yan, Jiawei Han, Chih-Wei Hsu: Discriminative Frequent Pattern Analysis for Eﬀective Classiﬁcation. 2007 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Data Engineering
- Xin Huang, Hong Cheng, Lu Qin, Wentao Tian, Jeffrey Xu Yu: Querying K-truss Community in Large and Dynamic Graphs. Proceedings of the 2014 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, June 2014, Pages 1311–1322
- Jihang Ye, Hong Cheng, Zhe Zhu, Minghua Chen: Predicting Positive and Negative Links in Signed Social Networks by Transfer Learning. Proceedings of the 22nd international conference on World Wide Web, May 2013, Pages 1477–1488
- Chengzhi Piao, Weiguo Zheng, Yu Rong, Hong Cheng: Maximizing the Reduction Ability for Near-maximum Independent Set Computation. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (PVLDB), 13(11): 2466-2478, 2020.
- Hao Zhang, Jeffrey Xu Yu, Yikai Zhang, Kangfei Zhao, Hong Cheng: Distributed Subgraph Counting: A General Approach. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (PVLDB), 13(11): 2493-2507, 2020
- Jia Li, Honglei Zhang, Zhichao Han, Yu Rong, Hong Cheng, Junzhou Huang: Adversarial Attack on Community Detection by Hiding Individuals. Proceedings of the 2020 World Wide Web Conference (WWW’20), Taipei, April 2020
- Jia Li, Zhichao Han, Hong Cheng, Jiao Su, Pengyun Wang, Jianfeng Zhang, Lujia Pan: Predicting Path Failure in Time-Evolving Graphs. Proceedings of the 2019 International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD’19), Anchorage, AK, USA, August 2019
- Jia Li, Yu Rong, Helen Meng, Zhihui Lu, Timothy Kwok, Hong Cheng: TATC: Predicting Alzheimer's Disease with Actigraphy Data. Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD’18), London, UK, August 2018
- Vice-Chancellor's Exemplary Teaching Award 2010, CUHK
- Certificate of Recognition for the Finalist of the 2009 ACM SIGKDD Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2009
- Best Student Paper Award, 2007 IEEE ICDE Conference
- Best Student Paper Runner-Up Award, 2006 ACM SIGKDD Conference
- Best Student Paper Runner-Up Award, 2005 ACM SIGKDD Conference