The early admission scheme for M.Phil. and Ph.D. programme for 2022-2023 Intake at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at CUHK (CUHK CSE) now invites applications from outstanding undergraduate and master students from prestigious universities around the world. The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at The Chinese University of Hong Kong was the first Computer Science department in Hong Kong and is well-known internationally for her high-quality research and teaching. Our graduates distinguish themselves in professional and academic positions in prestigious institutions and laboratories worldwide.
Schedule of the early admission interviews of M.Phil. – Ph.D. Programme for 2022-2023 Intake
|1st Round||2nd Round|
|Application Deadline||April 30, 2021||May 28, 2021|
|Invitation for interview||The week of May 10, 2021||The week of June 7, 2021|
|Interview Date & Venue||May 21, 2021 (By Zoom)||June 15, 2021 (By Zoom)|
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an oral interview in English. The result will be released within one week after the interview. Applicants who are unsuccessful in Early Admission are still encouraged to apply our programme for Regular Admission via the Graduate School.
Admission criteria are mainly based on academic performance, research ability and potential, communication skills, and English proficiency. All admitted full-time research students will receive a stipend of around HK$18,025/month during their normative study period. Exceptional PhD applicants will be recommended to apply for the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme, and successful applicants will receive a stipend of HK$26,900/month and a research and travel grant of HK$13,500/year. We may also hold a Ph.D. Summer Workshop with other engineering departments in July (to be confirmed).
- Create an account in Department’s admission system.
- Upload both CV AND updated transcript to our system for review before deadline. Missing either one of the required documents will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates (selected by GP or nominated by individual professors) will receive invitation email for interview.
- Applicants who are not selected will receive notification and can apply again in Regular Admission in Sep 2021.
- No matter successful or not, candidates will receive notification.
- The profiles of successful candidates will be circulated. Professors will approach potential applicants. Applicants should also contact professors they are interested to work with. Successful applicants will receive email of provisional admission and they should submit application formally in Graduate Schools application system in Sep 2021. The offer will be made by GS during Feb-May 2022.
- Applicants who failed in the interview can apply again in Regular Admission in Sep 2021.
If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact Ms. Wendy Wong by email to email@example.com.