Research Projects on System Development
Our team have developed a new big data analytics platform, Husky. The introductory paper was published in
PVLDB 9(5). The website is up now and more to come ...
BigGraph@CUHK is a fast and scalable open-source big graph platform for both offline graph analytics and online graph querying. Currently, BigGraph@CUHK consists of the following components:
More details, including source codes and examples of applications implemented on the BigGraph@CUHK platform, can be found in BigGraph@CUHK homepage (http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/systems/graph/). BigGraph@CUHK is still evolving to become more complete for all sorts of graph-related tasks, visit our site again to find more new components to be added.
- Pregel+: an open-source Pregel implementation with optimizations to reduce communication cost and eliminate skewness in communication;
- Blogel: a novel block-centric framework which naturally solves performance bottlenecks arisen from adverse characteristics of real-world graphs, namely skewed degree distribution, (relatively) high density, and large diameter, achieving orders of magnitude performance improvements over state-of-the-art graph computing systems;
- Quegel: a distributed system supporting efficient online graph querying with a user-friendly Pregel-like API;
- GraphD: offering out-of-core support for processing very big graphs in a small cluster of commodity PCs, with performance comparable with state-of-the-art distributed in-memory graph systems;
- LWCP: a fault tolerance mechanism for Pregel-like systems with performance tens of times faster than conventional checkpointing mechanisms.