Special Issue on Twitter and Microblogging Services
ACM Transactions on Intelligent System and Technology (TIST)
Guest Editors: Irwin King and Wolfgang Nejdl
The Special Issue on ACM Transactions on Intelligent System and Technology (TIST) welcomes original, cutting-edge and state-of-the-art theoretical and applied contributions that make efforts to Twitter. In particular, the special issue seeks principles, methodologies, frameworks, techniques and tools on Twitter, such as Web search and data mining on Twitter, practical and principled novel models of search, informtaion retrieval and mining on Twitter, algorithm design and analysis, in-depth experimental analysis of accuracy and performance, and other Twitter-based applications. For authors of previous conference paper publications, make sure that submissions are at least 25% more than their conference papers.
Original contributions, not currently under review or accepted by another journal, are solicited in relevant areas including (but not limited to) the following related to Twitter and other microblogging services:
- Web search, information retrieval, and mining
- Social media search and mining
- Retrieval models and ranking
- Filtering and Recommending
- Opinion mining, sentiment analysis, and information extraction
- Users and Interactive IR
- Social media analysis
- Performance evaluation and benchmarking
- Algorithms, systems, and other applications
- Community detection, evolutionary analysis and clustering
- Information influence, diffusion and outbreak detection
- User meta-data inference and topic modeling
- Network science, disaster management, environmental and health monitoring
Please note that the submitted papers must explicitly address issues on Twitter or other microblogging services.
Prospective authors should prepare manuscripts according to the Information for Authors as published in recent issues of the journal or at http://tist.acm.org/authors.html. Manuscripts should be submitted through the online ACM TIST manuscript submission system at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tist. Please select “Special Issue on Twitter” as the manuscript type. Further details on manuscript preparation as well as publication policies are available on the ACM TIST Web site at http://tist.acm.org/authors.html. Deadline for paper submission is June 30, 2011. Each manuscript will be reviewed by at least three experts in the field.
|July 1, 2011||Submission deadline|
|October 2011||Decision notification|
|December 2011||Camera-ready submission|
- Q: How to submit to this special issue?
A: Each author needs to login to the main site (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tist) and then select the special issue to submit.
- Q: How many pages should each paper be in the special issue?
A: This is flexible but should be at least 10 pages. A regular paper in TIST can be up to 20 pages.
- Q: How much should I extend the content from my previous paper?
A: Each paper should be at least 25% different from the previous paper.