Students with strong self-motivation and publication record are preferred. If you are a CUHK student interested in working with me,
feel free to drop me an email or walk in my office!
Postdoc/RA positions (immediately available): Reinforcement learning and imitation learning, robot perception and motion planning, synergistic AI/XR medical education, surgical safety, deep model adaptation/generalization, non-iid federated learning.
PhD/Mphil topics: medical image analysis (generalizability, federated learning, causality), robotic surgery (surgical video interpretation, 3D reconstruction, reinforcement learning for robotic task automation), multi-sensory robotic perception (in various scenarios).
Our Regular Admission Scheme for 2023Fall PhD and MPhil is open! Contact me directly, or apply via CUHK CSE website.
- My research is at the interdisciplinary field of medical image analysis, machine learning and augmented surgical robotics, aiming to create synergistic advancements for innovative intelligent systems that achieve an impact to support delivery of higher-quality medical diagnosis, intervention and education via next-generation healthcare technology. Previous representative works include 3D deep learning for high-dimensional image computing, domain adaptation and generalization on heterogeneous medical data, surgical video analysis with efficient spatial-temporal learning, and visual-kinematics precise surgical robotics perception.
- Recent works focus on: 1) smart mixed-reality for robotic surgical education, 2) multi-sensory perception in dynamic environment, 3) deep model generalization on non-iid medical images at FL/multi-center learning in real-world.
- [07/2022] Our workshop of MedNeurIPS will continue this year at NeurIPS'22.
- [07/2022] Two papers accepted to ECCV'22 on topics of robotic vision and domain generalization.
- [07/2022] Our paper on dynamic test-time adaptation of cross-domain medical images accepted to IEEE TMI.
- [06/2022] Seven papers accepted (5 early acc) to MICCAI'22 on topics of robotic surgery, FL, adaptation, image reconstruction.
- [05/2022] Four papers on robotic intelligence accepted to RA-L/IROS.
- [05/2022] Our 1st workshop on Medical Computer Vision at ECCV 2022 (ECCV-MCV) hello world.
- [05/2022] Our CVPR Medical Computer Vision (CVPR-MCV) workshop has a confirmed list of fantastic speakers.
- [05/2022] Our MICCAI Joint Workshop on 16th AE-CAI, 9th CARE and 5th OR2.0 (AE-CAI | CARE | OR 2.0) call for papers.
- [05/2022] Our 4th MICCAI workshop on Domain Adaptation and Representation Transfer (DART) call for papers.
- [04/2022] One paper on image-based intelligent robotic laparoscope field-of-view control accepted to IEEE RA-L.
- [03/2022] One paper on medical imaging accepted to CVPR'22.
- [02/2022] Paper on AI for medical microrobotics accepted to Nature Machine Intelligence.
- [02/2022] Three papers on smart robotic perception accepted to ICRA'22.
- [02/2022] Paper on the concept of AI+AR for robotic surgical education accepted to ISMR'22.
- [01/2022] Paper on unsupervised federated learning accepted to ICLR'22.
- [01/2022] Honored to give a talk on Image-based Robotic Surgery Intelligence for IEEE EMBS Webinar Series. [video]
- [01/2022] Paper on rapid model transfer for medical images with iterative human-in-the-loop accepted to ISBI'22.
- [01/2022] One paper accepted to IEEE TMI.
- [12/2021] Two papers accepted to AAAI'22.
- [12/2021] Paper on brain CT AI model in collaboration with HK Hospital Authority AI Lab accepted to ECR'22.
- IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging Distinguished Reviewer, Platinum Level, 2022.
- CUHK Department Exemplary Teaching Award, 2022.
- IEEE ICRA Best Paper Award in Medical Robotics, 2021. (last author)
- IEEE EMBS Prize Paper Award 2nd Place, Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, 2021. (first author)
- MICCAI Young Scientist Publication Impact Paper Award Finalist, 2021. (first author)
- IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging Distinguished Reviewer, Gold Level, 2021.
- Hong Kong Institution of Science Young Scientist Award in Engineering Science, 2018.
- CUHK Faculty Outstanding Thesis Award, 2018.
- Best Paper Award of Elsevier Medical Image Analysis-MICCAI, 2017. (first author)
- Fall2022: CSCI3230 Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence (with Elite-Mirror ESTR 3108) [course website]
- Spring2022: BMEG3102 Bioinformatics [course website]
- Fall2021: CSCI3230 Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence (with Elite-Mirror ESTR 3108)
- Spring2021: BMEG5830 Medical Imaging (guest lecture)
- Spring2021: BMEG3102 Bioinformatics
- Program Co-Chair, International Conference on Information Processing in Computer Assisted Interventions (IPCAI), 2023.
- Program Co-Chair, International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2022
- Program Co-Chair, International Conference on Medical Imaging with Deep Learning (MIDL), 2022 & 2021.
- Founding Board Member, MONAI Stream Advisory Working Group, since 2022.
- Area Chair & Session Chair, Inter. Conference on Information Processing in Computer Assisted Interventions (IPCAI), 2022.
- Organization Committee, NeurIPS Workshop on Medical Imaging (MedNeurIPS), 2022, 2021 & 2020.
- Organization Committee, CVPR Workshop on Medical Computer Vision (CVPR-MCV), 2022 & 2021.
- Organization Committee, MICCAI Joint Workshop on Augmented Environments for Computer Assisted Interventions, Computer Assisted and Robotic Endoscopy, and Context-Aware Operating Theatres (AE-CAI | CARE | OR 2.0), 2022 & 2021 & 2020.
- Organization Committee, MICCAI Workshop on Domain Adaptation and Representation Transfer (DART), 2022 & 2021.
- Organization Committee, ECCV Workshop on Medical Computer Vision (ECCV-MCV), 2022.
- Associate Editor, Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS), since 2021.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Machine Learning for Biomedical Imaging (MELBA), since 2021.
- Associate Editor, Medical Physics, since 2021.
- Associate Editor, Frontiers in Radiology, since 2021.