- 7Complexity of Testing and Learning of Markov Chains2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Prof. CHAN Siu On
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CUHK
This talk will summarize my works in two unrelated areas in complexity theory: distributional learning and extended formulation.
(1) Distributional Learning: Much of the work on distributional learning assumes, ...
- 16Virtual Information Day for Undergraduate AdmissionsAll Day
The CUHK Information Day is coming. A number of events will be hosted by the CSE department to introduce our programmes:
- Artificial Intelligence – Systems & Technologies (AIST)
- Computer Engineering (CENG) / Computer Science (CSCI)
- Computational Data Science (CDAS)
This is an opportunity for you to meet our teach, ...
- 20Towards Understanding Generalization in Generative Adversarial Networks3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Prof. FARNIA Farzan
Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) represent a game between two machine players designed to learn the distribution of observed data.
Since their introduction in 2014, GANs have achieved state-of-the-art performance on a wide array of machine learning tasks. However, their suc, ...
- 29The Coming of Age of Microfluidic Biochips: Connection Biochemistry to Electronic Design Automation2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Prof. HO Tsung Yi
Advances in microfluidic technologies have led to the emergence of biochip devices for automating laboratory procedures in biochemistry and molecular biology. Corresponding systems are revolutionizing a diverse range of applications, e.g. point-of-care clinical diagnostics, drug dis , ...