I have been with the Chinese University of Hong Kong since 1978. In
I had taught at the University of Wollongong (1985-86) and the
University of New South Wales (1989-91) in Australia.
I was the organizing chairman
of the first international computer science conference held in Hong Kong in 1988 (ICSC'88).
I am associated with the
in the Department.
I was the Head of the Graduate Division for 97-98, 02-05,
and was the Director
of the MSc in Computer Science
programme for 96-98, 00-06. I had been the Chairman
of the Department from 1 August 97 until 31 July 99.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Cloud Computing
- Multiagent Systems
Selected Recent Publications
- Ye Tian, Di Wu and Kam Wing Ng, "Modeling, Analysis and
Improvement for BitTorrent-Like File Sharing Networks",
Proc. of the IEEE INFOCOM 2006, 2006.
- Di Wu, Ye Tian and Kam-Wing Ng, "An Analytical Study
on Optimizing the Lookup Performance of Distributed Hash Table Systems
under Churn", Concurrency and Computation: Practice and
Experience, John Wiley, Vol. 19, Issue 4, pp. 543 - 569, 2007.
- Ye Tian, Di Wu, and Kam-Wing Ng, "On Distributed
Rating Systems for Peer-to-Peer Networks", The COMPUTER JOURNAL,
Vol. 51 No. 2, pp. 162 - 180, 2008.
- Hongning Dai, Kam-Wing Ng, Raymond Chi-Wing Wong, and Min-You Wu, "On
the Capacity of Multi-Channel Wireless Networks Using Directional
Antennas", Proc. of the IEEE INFOCOM 2008, 2008.
- Chiu-Man Yu and Kam-Wing Ng, "DPMF: A Policy
Management Framework for Heterogeneous Authorization Systems in Grid
Environments", Multiagent and Grid Systems, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.
235 - 263, 2009.
- Domain-based Configurable Authorization Management for Hybrid Clouds