Are you interested in working with me?
I am looking for dedicated postgraduate students and RAs with good motivation and self-initiation. Make an appointment to see me, or drop me an email.
My on-going projects pretty much summarize my current research interests.
· Soft Global Constraints in Weighted Constraint Satisfaction: Properties, Algorithms, and Applications, Principal investigator (with Y.C. Law), RGC General Research Fund from the University Grants Committee (Hong Kong), 2011-2013, HK$1,302,807
· Constraint Satisfaction with Cost Conditioning Reduced Ordered Binary Decision Diagrams (CC-ROBDD): Definitions, Properties, and Algorithms, Principal investigator (with Y.C. Law and Peter Stuckey---University of Melbourne), RGC Earmarked Grant from the University Grants Committee (Hong Kong), 2008-2011, HK$491,906
· Set Variables in Constraint Satisfaction Revisited, Principal investigator with Y.C. Law and Peter Stuckey---University of Melbourne), RGC Earmarked Grant from the University Grants Committee (Hong Kong), 2007-2009, HK$609,391
· A Compiler for High Performance Computing on Array Technologies, Co-Investigator (with Philip Leong), Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Fund (Tier 3), 2007-2008, HK$805,943
Project-based Learning with
· Breaking Symmetries of Indistinguishable Values in Constraint Satisfaction. Principal Investigator. Hong Kong RGC Earmarked Grant, 2006 – 2008, HK$692,480.00.
· Study for Optimization of Operation during the Salinity Period. Principal Investigator. The Macao Water Supply Co. Ltd. Research Contract, 2004 – 2006, HK$191,100.00
Utilizing Useful Redundancy Information to Increase Search Efficiency in Constraint Satisfaction. Principal Investigator (with Peter
· From Flatland to Spaceland: the Higher Dimensional Space Odyssey. Co-Principal Investigator (with Wang Lu---Capital Normal University, Jing-Zhong Zhang---Capital Normal University, F.L. Lee), Key Technology Education Project grant, Beijing City Natural Science Foundation and Beijing Municipal Education Commission, 2004 – 2006, RMB$200,000.00
Efficient Local Search Methods for Soft Constraint Satisfaction
Principal Investigator (with Philip Codognet---
· Adaptive Strategies for Soft Bid-Determination in Agent Based Continuous Double Auctions. Co-Investigator (with Ho-Fung Leung). Hong Kong RGC Earmarked Grant, 2002 – 2004, HK$599,404.00
· Virtual Interactive Student-Oriented Learning Environment (VISOLE)---Extending the Frontier of WEB-Based Learning. Co-Investigator (with F.L. Lee, Y. Leung, and K.C. Chau). Hong Kong RGC Earmarked Grant, 2002 – 2005, HK$793,605.00
· Summative Evaluation of the Web-based PBL Package---Tong Pak Fu and Chou Heung: The Probabilistic Fantasy. Co-Principal Investigator (F.L. Lee and T.S. Lau). CUHK Teaching Development Grant, 2001 – 2002, HK$250,000.00
Reducing Search Space in Local Search for Constraint Satisfaction. Principal Investigator (with H.F. Leung
and Peter Stuckey---
· Integration of Constraint Satisfaction Techniques and Mixed Integer Programming. Co-Investigator (with H.F. Leung). Hong Kong RGC Earmarked Grant, 2001 – 2004, HK$387,248.00
Models in Constraint Satisfaction. Principal Investigator (with H.F. Leung
and Peter Stuckey---