Arnold O. Beckman, 1900-2004.
In this day and age, when all emphasis is on competition
or personal gain, these are good rules to keep in mind.
- Maintain absolute integrity at all time.
- Always do your best; never do anything half-hearted
(either get into it or get out of it).
- Never do anything to harm others.
- Never do anything for which you'll be ashamed later.
- Always strive for excellence - there is no substitute for it.
- Practice moderation in all things - including moderation (there is
nothing wrong with a little excess once in awhile).
- Never take yourself too seriously.