Financial Assistance

Postgraduate Studentships

Postgraduate Studentships are available for all full-time students registered for research degree programmes. Students awarded Studentships will receive stipends in return for assisting in the teaching and research work.


Research Assistantships

Research assistantships are available for full-time students enrolled in research degree programmes, subject to individual project funding.


Government Grants and Loans

Full-time students who have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years may apply grants and loans from the Hong Kong Government. Under this scheme, Grants are awarded to cover tuition fees and academic expenses while loans are for living expenses. Moreover, non-means tested loans are also available to both full-time and part-time students who have resided in Hong Kong for at least three years to cover tuition tees. Recipients of loans are required to pay interest and are expected to repay the loans within a specified period after graduation or leaving the University.


University Bursaries and Loans/Graduate School Bursary

A limited number of bursaries and loans are available for students with emergency needs arising from sudden change of financial conditions. Funds are available only to full-time students who are Hong Kong residents.


Scholarships and Prizes

A number of scholarships and prizes are awarded on the basis of academic performance.



  • Postgraduate Student Grants for Overseas Academic Activities
  • Financial Assistance for Disabled Students