- Equip students with fundamental and technical knowledge to design, implement, manage, maintain and improve computer hardware and software systems with emphasis on the following areas:
- Efficient computing information systems
- Embedded system design and application
- VLSI design (reconfigurable and ASIC) and design automation
- Signal processing
- Computer architecture
- Equip students with technical knowledge to integrate software and hardware systems to solve real-world problems.
- Develop high analytical capability and problem solving skills.
- Prepare students to work effectively in teams and to communicate well in both written and oral forms.
- Develop intellectual skills so that graduates can continue learning and stay current professionally.
At the end of the course of studies, students will have
- Acquired solid fundamental knowledge in mathematics, computer engineering with a breadth of inter-disciplinary knowledge.
- Acquired independent thinking, possess problem-solving skills, and excel in the capability for self-learning to allow for life-long learning.
- Acquired leadership qualities, and good communication, teamwork, social, and professional skills.
- to be able to identify, formulate, and solve computer engineering problems
- to be able to design, implement, test, and evaluate a computer system, component, or algorithm to meet desired needs
- to receive the broad education necessary to understand the impact of computer science solutions in a global and societal context
- to be able to communicate effectively
- to be succeed in research and industry
- to have solid knowledge in computer engineering, including programming techniques, circuit design, micro-system prototyping, solid state device development, algorithms and theory, etc.
- to integrate well into and contribute to the local society and the global community
- to practise high standard of professional ethics
- to be able to draw on and integrate knowledge from many related areas